2020 Kitchen & Bath Design Contest: Bath Winner, Creative Living
Jessica Flores, Creative Living
Jessica Flores, Managing Director of Creative Living, rose to her clients’ request for a high-tech, but elegant, master bath. “We searched for a balance between the elegance of our blue color to pair with the teak finishings, bringing glam to the oasis,” she explains. Where’s the tech, you may ask? You won’t see it at first (or second glance), but this luxury home spa comes with heated floors, electronically controlled window film to change the opacity and an aromatherapy steam shower. This certainly meets the client’s desire to feel like they’re waking up at a luxury spa. www.creativelivingllc.com
1ST PLACE BATHROOM DETAILS:
- Fixtures: Delta Steam shower: Steamist
- Bathtub: A&E Bath & Home
Tips To Make It Yours:
- Don’t limit yourself to your existing layout—knock out some walls
- Incorporate different textures and colors
- Determine a symmetrical focal point and build around it
1) What is your official title and do you have any special design qualifications?
Jessica Flores- Managing Director
2) How long have you been designing kitchens and baths?
3) What was the most challenging part of this design?
Fitting everything into the space and engineering in the technology.
4) What were the client’s needs for this bath and in the end their favorite feature(s) of this design?
Needs-wanted a very visually attractive bathroom that packed all of the latest in technology without actually looking like a high-tech bathroom.
Favorite features- waking up feeling as if they’re walking into a luxury spa.
5) What is your general design philosophy when it comes to kitchens/bathrooms?
Maximize functionality but never forget the client’s dream of the view and atmosphere. You can change clients’ lives by changing their environment.
6) Did you have a special look, feeling, or feature in mind when crafting this space or what was your inspiration?
We searched for a balance between the elegance of our blue color to pair with the teak finishing’s, bringing glam to the oasis.
7) What is a common mistake homeowners make when redesigning their kitchen/bath?
Limiting yourself by working within your existing layout.