2020 Kitchen & Bath Design Contest: Kitchen Winner, JDR Enterprises
Joe Dan Rogers, JDR Enterprises
Joe Dan Rogers founded JDR Enterprises in 2004 and has been remodeling ever since. This awe-inspiring kitchen belongs to a client who asked for “a gathering place filled with energy and light to enjoy quality family time and entertainment.” With ample space to work with, not only does the design have room for the whole family, but also two sinks, two dishwashers and a 48” range. Joe Dan says that it took some convincing to get the client on board with his design, but that the payoff was worth it. The beautiful sapphire backsplash from AKDO was the inspiration for the entire design.
1ST PLACE KITCHEN DETAILS:
Cabinets: H&H Custom Woodworking and Refinishing
Lighting: Hinkley Appliances: JennAir Backsplash: AKDO
Tips To Make It Yours:
• Visualize how you’d like the space to perform before you design
• Find that one defining piece and build your design around it
• Don’t be afraid to stretch your vision of the space
1) What got you into design?
Passion for arts and creativity.
2) How long have you been doing your own projects?
3) What was the most challenging part of this design?
Holding myself to a higher standard of excellence. Not actually being a perfectionist.
4) What did you want to accomplish with this design?
Capturing the light and building an entertainment area for the family.
5) Did you try something you haven’t before with this design, like tiling or placing cabinets?
Yes. I built the house around the kitchen backsplash.
6) What was your inspiration for this project?
Blue glass and Carrera marble tile 100-year-old heart pine floors.