Bold Colors Inspire Budget Bedroom Makeover
For her budget bedroom makeover, Atlanta area homeowner Mandisha Thomas contrasted bold-colored walls with neutral furnishings. Several years ago she had painted a few green and orange squares on the wall, and it was time to finish the job.
BeforeInspired by Jonathan Adler’s generous use of color, Mandisha set about creating her own colorful bedroom for $832.77. Shopping her own home first, she discovered throw pillows, artwork, frames, and other home decor and accessories to upcycle along with discount and thrift store finds.
AfterAnchoring the design is a daybed from IKEA purchased as-is, which she topped with throw pillows she recovered. Another one of her projects was covering an old upholstered chair with new black-and-white fabric for a seating area in the bedroom.
BeforeAfterHandmade wall art can be seen throughout the new space.Mandisha’s budget bedroom makeover is being considered for our “Decorating on a Dime” Contest. Contest winners will be revealed in the February issue of Atlanta Home Improvement magazine.
Check out some of the other contest entries from Atlanta area homeowners, and stay tuned for updates on our blog:
- Back porch redecorated for $300
- Romantic-meets-industrial master bedroom
- Third-story loft turned into budget master bedroom
- Budget storage solutions add style and functionality
- A porch redesign with Southern influence
- Living room gets contemporary budget makeover
- New and improved dining room transforms foreclosed home
- Fifties to Fab: Living Room and Kitchen Redecorated on a Budget
- Atlanta Homeowner Gives Dining Room Budget Makeover