The goal of this Richardson bathroom remodel was to remove clutter, update and simplify the space. The homeowner wanted their bathroom to be a clean, open area that takes advantage of natural light. To achieve that airy feeling, the room was completely gutted, changing the placement of the vanities, closet, shower and toilet. Glass blocks were placed in the exterior wall, allowing natural light into the room while maintaining privacy. The new bathroom features a mostly monochromatic color palette of varying marble and travertine, with dark-colored cabinetry creating contrast and depth.
• Flooring: STEP Warmfloor’s (www.warmfloor.com) radiant heated floor underneath Alabama Travertine 24-inch slabs.
• Cabinetry: Maple, custom-made.
• Tile: Daltile’s Hone Crema Marfil Elegance, www.daltile.com.
• Shower and Accent Tile: Emser Tile’s Trav Ancient Tumbled Beige, www.emser.com.
• Lavatory, Fixtures and Jetted Bathtub: Neptune, (450) 773-7058, www.bainsneptune.com.
• Toilet: TOTO, www.totousa.com.
Project Cost: $60,000
Designed by By Maria Beck, ASID, M.E. Beck Design Inc., Dallas