The owner of this townhome in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood wanted to redesign her second floor, where she entertains, dines with friends and listens to her son play the piano. A warm, inviting ambiance was achieved through decor that features contemporary Asian influences. This dining area is highlighted by a BACCARA table base by Paolo Tommasi, a custom-made wooden tabletop by American Barn Company in Chicago, contrasting white and chocolate-colored dining chairs, a gold, hand-carved mirror and an accent wall featuring a suede texture.
• Four BRNO flat bar chairs by Mies van der Rohe, reupholstered with soft and creamy ultra leather by Jagoli, (312) 563-0583.
• Two chocolate-colored Envelope chairs from CB2 placed to the side of the dining table, www.cb2.com.
• SEGURO coffee table from Crate & Barrel, www.crateandbarrel.com.
• BACCARA table base by Paolo Tommasi, custom-made wooden top made by American Barn Company, 3808 N. Clark St. in Chicago, (773) 327-1560, www.americanbarncompany.com.
• Gold and hand-carved BALI mirror from Pier 1 Imports, (773) 871-6610, www.pier1.com.
• Custom wooden panels on both sides of the fireplace by American Barn Company, 3808 N. Clark St. in Chicago, (773) 327-1560, www.americanbarncompany.com.
• Decor around the fireplace—Buddha statue, vases, etc.—from Pier 1 Imports, (773) 871-6610, www.pier1.com.
• Accent wall painted in Ralph Lauren Fossil Butte (SU08) suede paint, fireplace wall painted in Ralph Lauren Barn Owl White (NA01), piano wall painted in Ralph Lauren Raffia (NA53) and ceiling painted in Ralph Lauren Faded Clouds (VM13), www.ralphlaurenhome.com.
• M&B vertical blinds by Hunter Douglas in Coffee (V55001) from The Home Depot, www.homedepot.com, www.hunterdouglas.com.
Designed by Monika Kerstens, Allied member ASID
V.V.M. Design Consulting
510 W. Oakdale Ave., Unit 2
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 620-7886, www.vvmdesign.com