• 1 plain rotisserie chicken, cut in parts
• 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• Juice of 1 lime
• Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
• Dash or two of Louisiana hot sauce
• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
In a skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add barbecue and Worcestershire sauces, lime juice, red pepper flakes, oregano, Cajun seasoning, and hot sauce.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Add the pieces of rotisserie chicken to the skillet, make sure all of the pieces are covered in the sauce and let simmer for another
3 to 5 minutes.
Garnish chicken with thyme, serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
This Easy Cajun Barbecue Rotisserie Chicken recipe was submitted by Lisa M. Washington, creator of the culinary blog, Set The Table with Love. She is also a season two finalist of Food Network’s
“All-Star Academy” and Best Self Atlanta’s 2017 Over 40 & Fabulous! contest winner. For more of Lisa’s delicious dishes, check out Instagram.com/LifeWithLisaWashington.