Eight Ways To Maximize Your Underdeck
➊ Custom underdeck: Manufactured by Haven Underdeck and installed by Southeastern Underdeck Systems, LLC, this aluminum structure is rust-resistant and provides additional dry, usable space to entertain family and friends.
2755 Faith Industrial Dr., Buford or SoutheasternUnderdeck.com
➋ Support posts and Brick wraps: These cedar posts complement the above deck and are naturally pest- and rot-resistant. The brick wraps are both functional and aesthetically pleasing, as they ground the design. Find licensed deck builders through the
North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA) at NADRA.org
➌ Fans: These three sleek black fans from Dan’s Fan City are “wet rated.” Unlike typical “damp rated” outdoor fans, wet-rated fans can withstand direct exposure to rain and snow. They can also be cleaned with a quick spray of the hose. 1160 Alpharetta St., Roswell or DansFanCity.com
➍ Pool and Spa: This pool and spa area makes the transition from summer to fall an easy one. The homeowners can take a refreshing dip in the pool during hot days and a warm soak in the spa during chilly nights. Craft your ideal oasis with the help of a professional from the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals at APSP.org
How to Make the Most of Your Underdeck
• Safety first: May is Deck Safety Month®, but you can inspect your deck anytime. Go to NADRA’s website to download an inspection checklist or for a list of local inspectors who can do it for you.
• Step by step: Underdeck systems can be installed under nearly any variety of deck. Be sure to have the underdeck completed first and then install the post wraps. Afterward, fill the space with any desired additions such as a screen.
• Simple cleaning: The Haven Underdeck system features panels that are easy to remove, which makes cleaning a breeze. Head to Southeastern’s website for instructional videos on how to remove and reinstall a panel. If you’d rather leave the task to someone else, the team at Southeastern will happily service your underdeck for you.
• Upgrade your space: Consider adding lighting or Bluetooth speakers to customize this area.
“I always encourage people to include speakers,” says Heath Bowman, owner of
Southeastern Underdeck Systems, LLC. “I love jamming to mine while playing with the kids.”
Heath Bowman and the Southeastern Underdeck Team
• Owner of Southeastern Underdeck Systems, LLC, Heath started the company in 2007 to provide homeowners a low-cost way to create extended living space and a staycation experience.
• The team at Haven and Southeastern Underdeck continue to offer the best in customer service. They are proud to have been voted Best Underdeck Systems Company by the readers of My Home Improvement magazine for the past three years.