Escape to Paris
Interior designer Linda Navara updated this bedroom, belonging to an 11-year-old girl, with a Paris theme that the girl can grow with into her teenage years. The blue and pink colors with a seafoam green accent flow throughout the room, highlighted in the corner mural. Black and white accents appear in the window treatments and the zebra bed skirt, and a black clothes rack resembles the Eiffel Tower. To give the room an open, spacious feel, Navara removed the closet doors.
- Paint—Benjamin Moore in Spectra Blue (2049-50), Potpourri Green (2029-50) and Island Sunset (1346), www.benjaminmoore.com.
- Murals and painting work— Mattingly Custom Finishes, P.O. Box 2230, LaGrange, IL 60525, (708) 352-1711, www.mattinglycustomfinishes.com.
- Fabrics—Kravet, (800) 645-9068, www.kravet.com and JoAnn Fabrics, www.joann.com.
- Window treatment design and installation—Irv Berk, Window Ways, Huntley, IL.
- Furniture—Crest Furniture, 1101 E. Rand Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004, (847) 797-9906, www.crestfurniture.com.
- Accessories, bedding and storage— Bombay, www.bombaycompany.com, The Container Store, www.containerstore.com, IKEA, www.ikea.com, JC Penney, www.jcpenney.com, Lowe’s, www.lowes.com, Pottery Barn, www.potterybarn.com and Target, www.target.com