Meet The 2020 Rising Stars of The Home Industry
From remodeling to interior design, solar energy, real estate and more, meet the 2020 Winners of the Rising Stars of the Home Industry Contest! Stay tuned for more on each Rising Star and the announcement of our Overall Cover Winner in the Sept./Oct. issue of My Home Improvement.
We are proud to introduce our 2020 Rising Stars Sponsors CR Home, Walker Zanger, and Stock & Trade Co.
The Top 10 (Listed in Alphabetical Order)
1. Alex Martin, Martin Realty Group—In the past 14 months, Alex has closed almost 40 units in 8 different counties throughout Metro Atlanta; Fulton, Cobb, Clayton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, Henry, Rockdale (37 to be exact, and 17 YTD for 2020). Not only, have does he have the privilege of working in sales as a top 5% producer with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, but he’s also gained experience as an investor working with other investors, general contractors, sub-contractors, architectural engineers, hard-money lenders, and real estate professionals.
2. Alexandra Bailey, AM Design in North Atlanta—As a behind the scenes, EMMY award-winning designer for over a decade, including Elbow Room on HGTV, and Tiny House Nation, Alexandra brings so much knowledge and experience to the world of residential design. Her eye for design and ability to bring beauty and function to any space, no matter how big or “tiny” sets her apart in the Atlanta design scene.
3. Brooke Ivey, Ben Hill Renovations Inc.—My advice to those hoping to enter the Home Industry is to be ready to roll with the punches and be quick on your feet! Construction is a challenging industry and always throws you curve balls. Great communication and customer service are a must!
4. Clara Carrasco-Banik, Ameris Bank—Originally from Barcelona, Spain, Clara is a mortgage and sales support coordinator for Ameris Bank and their Builder Division. She is active in the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, serving on the board for the Atlanta Sales & Marketing Council and she also serves as a director for the Atlanta Mortgage Bankers Association.
5. Courtney Shearer, The Designery—Courtney Shearer is an Atlanta based Kitchen & Bath Designer with over a decade of industry experience and opened her own company – The Designery in 2019. Creating and connecting with her clients has been her focus since the beginning and her skill for turning what some would consider a stressful undertaking into a fun process has always been her top priority.
6. Garrett Erath, e36 Creations—Garrett is dedicated to building long-term relationships with his clients by serving them with the best products and services available, ready to go the extra mile to ensure they are thrilled with their final product. His team’s integrity, communication, and drive to become better on every project is what has made them excel for over 5 years.
7. Luisa Corrales, Francois & Co.—Luisa uses her background in Interior Design as an account manager at Francois & Co., Luisa is am a firm believer in a good positive attitude and meaningful relationships! She always comes prepared with an organized and efficient vision to be able to understand her clients and deliver practical and functional solutions.
8. Ross Vogel, TSW | Planners | Architects | Landscape Architects—They may not know it, but homeowners throughout Atlanta and the Southeast live in houses and townhomes designed by Ross Vogel. As a child, the TSW Designer and Lifestyle Blogger loved to draw homes that would one day be lived in – a dream he has now realized through his work with one of Atlanta’s premier design firms.
9. Sam Johnson, Better Tomorrow Solar—Sam is an environmentalist first and foremost with an eclectic range of experience both at home and abroad. He uses his training in marketing and psychology to create a world where humans and the built environment can thrive alongside nature, not at its expense.
10. Taylor Gann, CR Home—Having grown up in a countertop fabrication shop, spending a few years on the distribution side, and now working as a Custom Home Coordinator with CR Home, Taylor has gained a well-rounded perspective in a focused industry. She is inspired by her clients and thankful to have the opportunity to help each of them dream up and create spaces that are both practical and delightful.
The Super 6 (Listed in Alphabetical Order)
Voting results were so close that we wanted to recognize these Super Six! They enhance the lives of those in their communities through their work in the Atlanta home industry.
1. Gena Long, Walker Zanger—Gena has been in the design industry for almost 15 years. She has worked with textiles, office furniture, sliding doors, and now as a Sales & Design Representative at Walker Zanger. At each position, she has learned about different aspects of the industry through colleagues and works each day to help customers achieve their dream projects.
2. Jennifer Garth, Garth Property Group—Realtor and Owner of Garth Property Group, Jennifer takes your vision and helps you get your home sold. From construction and renovations to your selling, Jennifer is hands-on with every aspect of the process.
3. Navid Derakhshan, Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces—As Co-founder & CEO of Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces Navid helps build an outdoor oasis perfectly suited to each homeowner. From relaxing patios to fire pits, water features, and more there isn’t a project that his team can’t tackle.
4. Ray McEwen, Stock & Trade Design Co.—From backyard projects to luxury homes, Ray’s passion for architecture and design has always been a driving force in his life. Since graduating from SCAD in 2015 he has had the opportunity to work on some amazing projects with very talented individuals and looks forward to showing you all that he has accomplished.
5. Shy-Carr Mahdi, Nuenergy Atlanta—Founder of a full service electrical contracting company, Shy-Carr and his team wire up new constructions from the ground up. They also upgrade and service outdated equipment, and can put in new energy-efficient fixtures and lighting accents.
6. Tyler Wade Hieber, CR Home—Tyler has been a part of the home industry from just a little over three years. The ability to bring a design to life from scratch and have it be a lasting testament to your personal work is what really drew him in initially and continues to inspire him each day.