Perennial Plant Association To Host Atlanta Symposium for Homeowners and Industry Professionals
The Perennial Plant Association is hosting its annual symposium in Atlanta this year from July 18-23 with seminars geared toward both homeowners and plant enthusiasts as well as industry professionals. The symposium, which will be held at the Hyatt Regency, kicks off Monday, July 18, with a one-day seminar for homeowners including the following topics:
- “Gems for the Garden” lead by Dan Heims of Terra Nova Nurseries, Inc., which discusses new and exciting perennials based on his trips around the world
- “Designing with Perennials-Icing on the Cake” lead by Dottie Myers and Associates, of Decatur, which focuses on the details of plant design
- “Bulbs as Companions to Herbaceous Perennials in The Border” lead by Brent Heath of Brent and Becky’s Bulbs in Gloucester, Va., which cover choosing the right bulbs for the right spot and combine for beautiful results
- “The Non-Stop Garden” lead by Stephanie Cohen of Perennial Diva from Collegeville, Pa., which presents a hands-on approach to gardening focusing on trees and shrubs as the backbone for perennial plantings and more
- “Goosebump Perennials for the Garden” lead by Chris Hansen of Great Garden Plants in Holland, Mich., offering a sneak peek at some of the newest perennials.
- “Contained Joy” lead by Irvin Etienne of the Indianapolis Museum of Art in Indianapolis, Ind., which focuses on container gardening
The Perennial Plant Symposium continues through Thursday, July 21, with seminars geared toward plant industry professionals and a trade show. On Friday, July 22, an optional Athens, Ga., grower, gardens and retail tour will be held along with an optional tour of private and public gardens at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Ga., on Saturday, July 23.
Check out our post “5 Container Garden Perennials To Try” for more plant inspiration.