Thinking about updating your bathroom? Consider these top trends.
• Large tile. Look for tiles at least 18×18 in size. Rectangular shapes (for example, 12×24) are popular choices for not only the floor, but the walls as well, sometimes installed vertically, sometimes horizontally.
• For color, white and gray are the top choices, followed by blue.
• Large, walk-in showers with a seat or bench. Rain showerheads mounted into the ceiling over the center of the shower are also popular.
• Spa-themed bathrooms with freestanding or soaking tubs. When choosing a freestanding tub for your spa bathroom, take into consideration that this type of bathtub is about 5 to 10 times more expensive than a traditional tub once the plumbing is factored in. If you have a larger budget, steam showers are in style too.
• Larger vanities with double sinks or one trough (extra-long) sink. A standard double vanity is 60 inches long. We are seeing more clients make space for a 72-inch (or longer!) vanity.
• If you have to share your retreat, you may want a toilet that is separated by half of a wall, or even in its own tiny room.
• Consider chandeliers instead of standard overhead light fixtures, wall sconces, can lights installed in the ceiling with dimmer switches, and an overhead light source in the shower.
• Plenty of cabinet space and open shelving. Barn doors are another popular design trend.
• Plumbing fixtures that are practical as well as beautiful. Brushed nickel, chrome, and satin nickel fixtures blend in with almost any type of decorating and are subdued enough to avoid drawing attention. A trend to watch for? Rose gold finish.
• High-tech toilets.
This article is brought to you by Enhance Floors & More