2020 Kitchen & Bath Contest: Small Carpenters at Large
Amanda Johnson, Small Carpenters at Large
1) What is your official title and do you have any special design qualifications? Lead designer and Co-owner of Small Carpenters At Large; Bachelor of Science in Design from Clemson University; State licensed residential contractor; Earthcraft builder
2) How long have you been designing kitchens and baths? I’ve been in the architectural/ remodeling field since graduating in 1990.
3) What was the most challenging part of this design? Tying into the historic details of this home (high ceilings, trim, flooring) with updated finishes and fixtures while making everything compatible
4) What were the client’s needs for this bath and in the end their favorite feature(s) of this design? The large island with quartzite countertop is a design feature and a wonderful place for the family to gather.
5) What is your general design philosophy when it comes to kitchens/bathrooms? Make sure the layout functions well while allowing the design to reflect the homeowner’s taste and personality.
6) What is the square footage of this design (it doesn’t have to be exact you can estimate)?275 SF