5 Ways to Add Value To Your Home
(This blog post is brought to you by our friends at SpaGuts.com.)
There are several ways in which you can improve the value of your home. Here are just five examples…
1. Remodeling the kitchen and the bathroom
You can remodel your kitchen simply by replacing the stained sink or buying a new microwave to replace the outdated one. Your bathroom can also benefit from replacement old tiles and old fixtures with new and better ones. You can also upgrade the wallpaper in your bathroom and change the color theme in the room. Finally, both your kitchen and bathroom need regular maintenance (especially in the plumbing system.) This type of maintenance can prevent future leakages and help you to avoid spending too much on repairs in the future.
2. Replacing the rugs and carpets
Old rugs and carpets can make your house appear dull and boring. Replace them starting with the most rugged one depending on your budget. A colorful and beautiful carpet with intricate patterns will transform your house from dull looking to a classy and elegant house.
3. Remodeling the living room
The living room is the first room that your visitors access when they visit you. It is also the place where you and your family might spend time the most time relaxing. So you will want it always to be at its best! You can replace outdated fixtures in the living room or replace the old furniture. You can also repaint the walls and buy new accents for your living room. These will add personality and color to your home.
4. Adding a hot tub, Jacuzzi, or spa
Installing a hot tub, a Jacuzzi or a spa are sure ways of giving your home a makeover. These luxury items and will give your home an upscale feel. However, you have to maintain the equipment to ensure that they will serve you much longer. Maintaining a spa or a hot tub is simple as it involves cleaning it regularly, replacing the parts when they become worn out and replacing the water. You should also ensure that you circulate the water for at least ten hours in a day to ensure that the sanitizer distributes evenly in the waters. You should also measure the level of chlorine and bromine in the water as well as PH levels. The importance of cleaning the spa or the hot tub and circulating the water is to prevent harmful bacteria and algae from breeding.
5. Adding easy to maintain landscaping Nothing gives your home a facelift faster than a well planned landscape design. You should select plants that are likely to thrive in your area and most specifically those that are drought-resistant. Such plants will have a low maintenance cost even during the dry weather. Hire a professional landscaping company to do the work for you and help you select a design that will highlight the personality of the family living within!